Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second job denial to part time employee

How is it possible that given the shuffling around many companies are having to do thanks to Obama care and not wanting to be on the hook for insurance costs, that they can deny an employee the opportunity to take on a second job to suppliment the hours that were cut from them so that their first employer is not obligated to provide them insurance

Re: Second job denial to part time employee

You are asking a moral question, not a legal question. The answer is usually that they want you to have open availability as well as be well rested.
    Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Re: Second job denial to part time employee

Originally posted by patronteq View Post
      How is it possible that given the shuffling around many companies are having to do thanks to Obama care and not wanting to be on the hook for insurance costs, that they can deny an employee the opportunity to take on a second job to suppliment the hours that were cut from them so that their first employer is not obligated to provide them insurance
      Unless a law prohibits it, it is legal, and no doubt it is not discriminatory.

Even police need approval for a second job, of course depending on what it is, most courts have ruled, and they are the govt.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X