Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• personnel file, record retention period removing documents

I was a police officer for 8 years. I left because of a back injury. Now 8 years later I applied at another police department. I failed the background because of two written correctives and 3 comp cases . All legitimate chasing bad guys.

Question is can I legally have Any negative documents removed after a certain time, for example written correctives and injuries on the job? Should they be destroyed after a certain period of time or at my request. These were almost a decade ago and still haunting me.

Thanks, Scott

Re: personnel file, record retention period removing documents

I wish to inform you that your employment record during the period you served as a police officer cannot be destroyed. The period for which records will be maintained depends upon the government regulation regarding it employees. You can obtain a copy of your employment file and if any wrong detail is mentioned then you may correct the details.

AFF

Comment

No. It's not like a criminal act that could possibly be expunged. Your work records remain for as long as the employer chooses to retain them.

Comment

Hey Scott,

You can't remove any document.

Comment

So talking to HR is useless.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

Working...
          X