Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I sue California Employment Department

I have no idea where to post this. I didn't see anything close to my problem. But it has to do with California Employment Development Department. Or unemployment insurance and a division called the WEIA Program. I was laid off my job after 4 years on November 30, 2004 due to my job being eleminated. The co. I worked for was bought by another company. So after signing up for unemployment (which didn't take the first time, but I had a reference number on my application yet they had no record of me fileing.) insurance, I found out I qualified for retraining. At first they were going to pay for it. I was to pay and they would remburse me. It was a mess from the start. Long story short, I was accepted in the WEIA program for trainming. I could draw pay for going to school fo a year. After 3 months there was a glitch in the schedule, (no fault of mine) and they all the suden charged me with fraud, stopped my checks and sent me a bill for over payment. I appealed and won. But by the time I had won I was 2 months behind on every bill I had including my mortgage payments. During this time I spent every dime I had keeping up and still going through the training at my expense. Well I had to sell my house to keep it from being reposessed. I sold it for about $80,000 less than it was worth. All because California employment department dosen't give a hoot about you. They pretty much ruined my life as I know it. My savings and 401 k is gone, I am on general assistance, with food stamps.

thanks for your time.

Re: Can I sue California Employment Department

wld emailed you privately

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X