Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Substitute Teachers and the Service Contract Act of 1965

I was curious to know why subtitute teachers in the school district where I currently work were ineligible to recieve the same health benefits, and other fringe benefits, like those offered to all other school district employees free of charge. The Service Contract Act of 1965 requires that a wage determination be done for support type service jobs that are connected in some way to Federal Contract funding, public schools included. I know that there's an exemption in the Act for licensed teachers; however, when I contacted the State Department of Education I was told that substitutes were merely authorized to teach and not licensed to teach. This excluded us from recieving the benefits afforded to licensed teachers under thier negotiated contracts. I contacted the Department of Labor and have yet to recieve an intelligent response. I've contacted my state representitive and she forwarded my concern attached to her letter head requesting a better response. I'd appreciate any thoughts you'd care to share on the issue.

Re: Substitute Teachers and the Service Contract Act of 1965

what state?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X