Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I sue my employer for paying me wrongly?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I sue my employer for paying me wrongly?

Maryland

can i sue my employer for paying me wrongly. i was meant to be paid 38 hours but the only paid me 17 hours. do i have a law suit

re: Can I sue my employer for paying me wrongly?

Certainly--Based on what you say here, you could file suit against him (or at least threaten to do so) in small claims court or in regular court; filing in small claims court is easier and requires no attorney...you could try to collect all of the wages due, and all costs and damages that you suffered due to his behavior... You may also report him to your state attorney general's office and nearest Dept of Labor office if you wish.

Comment

re: Can I sue my employer for paying me wrongly?

The first place you should inquire is your employer, or human resources, if they have one. Explain you worked 38 hours but were only paid for 17. By law, they must pay you for actual hours worked. If that doesn't resolve the problem, contact your Department of Labor and report the employer. They will help you get your money.

Suing in small claims should take place if the above mentioned efforts fail.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X