Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wages never received... I was given a raise about 1 1/2 years ago.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wages never received... I was given a raise about 1 1/2 years ago.

I was given a raise about 1 1/2 years ago. After the raise i never received payment for the raise well to the point never added to my current pay. Employer told me he would issue backpay from the time he actually gave the raise but to this day still nothing --raise or backpay. He has reminded me several times since then that he would give both. Raise is my employee folder so it is documented and dated as well. What can i do to rectify the situation? I have spoken to him several times and nothing seems to get done except issuing raises to fellow employees that actually did get theirs.

re: Wages never received... I was given a raise about 1 1/2 years ago.

In case you have been allowed the raise then that portion should become a part of your salary and should be given to you. As at present your raise has not been given to you so you can issue a legal Notice to your employer about the fact that the raise has not been provided to you from one and half years and also specifying that in case raise is not provided to you within a specified time then you will file a lawsuit. In case you do not wish to pursue a legal course against your employer then you can ask him for solving the matter amicably. You can also report to your Union in case if in your organisation you are having one.

AFF

Comment

re: Wages never received... I was given a raise about 1 1/2 years ago.

If you really want to push it you can contact your local Department of Labor and alert them of this. The employer, especially if it is recorded in your file in writing, is required by law to honor the raise. You should get retroactive pay from the date he first agreed to it.

You might advice your employer that you've been MORE than patient for long enough, and that his fail to act has given you no choice but to have to report this incident to the Department of Labor. Do it in a nice way, and simply remind him that you are duty bound to uphold the laws and rules, and wish it didn't have to come to this, but if nothing comes of your paycheck within the next pay period, you will have no choice but to report it.

It's pretty apparent that other than threatening him in this way he is ever going to actually do something about it. He is simply dragging his heels to see how long he can get away with it. I'd have nipped that in the bud the very first week. It's amazing you are still working for a shyster like that after 2 years of being put off by him. Incidentally, he knows very well what he's doing. It's not simply slipping his mind.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X