Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employer not paying employee - Texas

I no loner work with the employer, and I contacted him for final payment of worked hours. I have been trying to get a hold of him, left v-mails, e-mails, called his office, left msg w/ assistant, and had no answer until today (2+ weeks later). He finally called me since I wrote him an email saying it was my last attempt before I contacted the Texas Workforce Commission. To say the least he was very rude and aggressive throughout the conversation. He said that the amount I was charging him for was not correct and said I should charge him less. I have kept track of all the hours I have worked and offered to send the detailed list, then he said he wouldn't have a chance to look at since he is leaving out of town and will not be back until Monday. I really do not want to wait to get paid anymore than I already have. What can I do?

re: Employer not paying employee - Texas

you could file suit against him (or at least threaten to do so) in small claims court or in regular court; small claims requires no lawyer and is relatively easy to manage

Comment

Hi I was just wondering the same thing. My problem is that I worked for my employer at the LA fair and though I only worked 2 days it shouldn't matter. I should still get paid on time and everyone else who worked did get paid except me. I started sept 7. quit on Sept 9 2007. And the fair ends on Sept 30 2007. The supervisors that worked for my manager said that they would pay all the workers at the end of the fair. So I called on Sept 29 2007 to ask when I could come and pick up my check. One of my supervisors told me that she would contact me on sept 30 sometime during that day to come and pick up my check but she never called. I called her the next day and she told me they were already headed towards fresno and the reason she didnt call was because they were busy cleaning. But my point is they made everyone else's check but mines. I called a week later she told me to wait. Then I called again she never answered or return my phone call. So I called the Manager and he told me to wait. Until now October 20 2007 I still have not gotten any phone call letting me know if they sent the check or anything at all. Also isn't it the law that employers are suppose to give 30 min break if you work more than 5 hours? Because the first day I worked 6 1/2 hours in the burning heat with no break except when I asked to go the restroom and came back all in 4 mins.. I'm a student so I need to pay for school and bills. I'm tired of having to call them and bug them to pay me what I had to work for. I want them to pay me soon or else I want to file a suit against them. And my question is can I actually do that?

Comment

This BUTTFACE at ROADRUNNER PIZZA didnt pay me and my friends for doing flyers for him. AND he fired us in the first place for not putting the flyers up in appartment buildings that said no soliciting. We only worked about 10 hours each before he fired us but still we could all use the extra cash for the work we did. I dont want to go to court or waste too much of my time but I do want to let someone know so that BUTTFACE gets what hes got comin to him. DONT BUY ROADRUNNER PIZZA from BUTTFACE in Orlando, or if you do call me a BUTTFACE when he delivers to you.

Comment

i work for AKA staffing 3801 kirby drive suite 544 houston tx 77098 phone ### (713) 942-7001 email > [email protected]>> Put in 8 hr and quit when a lot of the' guys told me they don't pay !!call more then 20 times and they tell me my check is in the' mail been waiting 1 month thinking of taking them to court, but this will be more affective! please give them a call or email and let them no ! a lot of people are aware,AKA is nothing but crooks and lies >> HELP ME OUT AND MAYBE THEY WILL PAY ME MY $$ > THANK'S

Comment

I would also file in small claims if I were you, but thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Go to the local workforce center, they will help to you for Wage Claims, or check at www.texasworforce.org

Email me, I can help you out.

[email protected]

Comment

What can you do if your local workforce center is the one not paying you?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X