Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Company Recording personal calls

The company that I work for has been recording our phone calls without informing the employees. I only found out through my friendship with a manager. The program used to record the calls records not only the voices but any numbers entered on the phone keypad, such as PIN numbers. It also records any activity on your computer while on the call. This info is stored on a website that is accessible to manager and team leaders (team leaders are NOT managers).

Is this illegal or unethical? Is there anything that the employees can do?

It concerns me that they did this without informing the employees. It also is concerning because such sensitive info could be used for the wrong purposes.

That is normally not allowed if you are not aware AND you expect privacy. You could file a complaint with the Dept of Labor. Ask the company to explain in writing why they think it was legal to tape like that. WLD lawyers could intervene if need be.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X