Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retaliation and making derogatory statements about the union

My husband works for a private ambulance company. Another employee there went and contacted the Teamsters about forming a union there, but during the process he left for another job. My husband picked up the cause and ran with it. The employer wrote letters to the employees making derogatory statements about the union. They also made their employees watch anti-union propaganda and nearly coerced workers into voting against the union. Now that the vote is over they have said that my husband threatened a co-working into voting for the union. This appears to be a purely retaliatory action by the employer against my husband. Do we have any course of action to take against the employer for the mental anguish that they are putting my husband through and indirectly putting me and my family through.
    My husband has also been helping to take care of his ailing father and they would not allow him to take time off to do this.

If they try to fire him or cause severe problems for him at work, he may file a complaint with the nearest Department of Labor office. They cannot retaliate for trying to have a union vote.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X