Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Company offered me $50,000 to drop all claims

my company has offered me 50,000 dollars to drop all my claims with the nlrb, dept of labor eeoc, osha and union i refused because i know this was very low offer to get over 17 charges from 6 agencies ranging from wrongful termination, retaliation, discrimination, sexual harassment, violation of discrimination laws, violation of disability laws and concerted rights laws coercion, restraining and interference laws to go away for 50,000 dollars is way too low of a offer, so i just settled my workers compensation claim for 17,000 only and told them i did not wish to settle all my other claims with all agencies for 50,000, and would settle each claim one by one did i make the best decision by refusing their offer of 50,000 for all claims and to settle each claim one by one?

re: Company offered me $50,000 to drop all claims

It appears they offered a nuisance settlement. In other words, it was easier to offer that, than to pay lawyers to play all these legal games.
    Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Originally posted by darylkgibson View Post
      my company has offered me 50,000 dollars to drop all my claims with the nlrb, dept of labor eeoc, osha and union i refused because i know this was very low offer to get over 17 charges from 6 agencies ranging from wrongful termination, retaliation, discrimination, sexual harassment, violation of discrimination laws, violation of disability laws and concerted rights laws corersion, restraining and interference laws to go away for 50,000 dollars is way too low of a offer, so i just settled my workers compensation claim for 17,000 only and told them i did not wish to settle all my other claims with all agencies for 50,000, and would settle each claim one by one did i make the best decision by refusing their offer of 50,000 for all claims and to settle each claim one by one?
      What did your lawyer say? The number and type of claims you have against the company dictates that you be represented by a lawyer to properly advise you on the value of your claims.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend In Court View Post
        What did your lawyer say? The number and type of claims you have against the company dictates that you be represented by a lawyer to properly advise you on the value of your claims.
        lawyer said he will wait till all agencies have finished their investigation before accepting any offers and refused to accept offer stating too early and he dont have all the evidence from agencies yet

Comment

Originally posted by Disagreeable View Post
          It appears they offered a nuisance settlement. In other words, it was easier to offer that, than to pay lawyers to play all these legal games.
          since i refused their offer and my lawyer says he wants to wait till all agencies finish their investigations before making a decision

Comment

sha found company with serious safety violation that i orted and charged company abatement of 2,750

Comment

Re: Company offered me $50,000 to drop all claims

since i refused their offer and my lawyer says he wants to wait till all agencies finish their investigations before making a decision
              Wise decision. Settlement offers made early on are often half of what a company's lawyers figure a jury would award.

Comment

yesterday dept of labor called and said company reason for my termination was bosus based on their investigation, and dept of labor has found wrongful termination retaliation and discrimation violation with osha ,the wage and hour division, and the workers compensational division depts of the dept of labor , and i informed the dept of labor of the company offering me 50,000 dollars to drop all my charges a nd that osha had found serious violationa and fined the company 2750 per day abated and informed my lawyer and the union lawyer of what changes had occured and was told congradulations on getting my charges moved forward

Comment

yesterday dept of labor called and said company reason for my termination was bosus based on their investigation, and dept of labor has found wrongful termination retaliation and discrimation violation with osha ,the wage and hour division, and the workers compensational division depts of the dept of labor , and i informed the dept of labor of the company offering me 50,000 dollars to drop all my charges a nd that osha had found serious violationa and fined the company 2750 per day abated and informed my lawyer and the union lawyer of what changes had occured and was told congradulations on getting my charges moved forward
                  as it stands now company has 4 branches of the dept of labor with charges against them and the nlrb has filed charges against them and the eeoc has filed charges against them and they still have to settle with the union on my wrongful termination and i am wondering what settlement will i receive from the union based on all these other charges

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                  x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X