Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wrongful termination wilmington nc

i was terminated after being pressured to answer a hypothetical question of what i would do if a coworker had me trapped ina corner and i was unable to get away from them and they were reaching in their pockets as if for a weapon and i replied if i was in danger of being harmed i would defend myself ig i was unable to get away and was in immediate harm or danger and that i would protect myself from harm, a lawyer has agreed to take my case which is being handled by the nlrb and i want to know should i wait for the nlrb to reach a decision or sign the lawyers agreement to take my case now, he has agreed to waver my contingency fee of 200 dollars pending a right to sue from the bnation labor relations board, i dont want to hurt my case, or move to fast and lose any of my rights or monetary damages by signing the lawyers agreement to represent me if the case goes to a lawsuit or lose any money i would have received if only the national labor board represents me i have a pending workers compensation claim hearing feb 18 th 2013 and know thats the real reason i was really terminated and the company took a false and unsupported reason or facts to conclude a lie against me to terminate, i dont know if i should take the lawyer now or wait to see what the nlrb can do

Re: wrongful termination wilmington nc

I wish to inform you that you may take a lawyer if you desire for your legal action including NRLB. You may further proceed in action after NRLB decision. Decision of NRLB will enable you to determine future course of action. You must take all reasonable steps to seek justice with all the options which you may have. Further you can take court action after NRLB decision if some breach of contract can be shown. Further you can file a complaint with EEOC as you have been wrongfully terminated.

AFF

Comment

I don't see that being terminated because they do not like how you answer a question is illegal. Obviously, there is more to the story than we are getting.
      Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

nlrb has charged company with violations of concerted rights, corersion, restraining, interference with, retaliation and amended the charge to include, wrongful termination and discrimination charges, the eeoc also has accepted and pursuing charges of discrimination, several lawyers have agreed to take my case should i have to go to civil court if the company does not reach a settlement with the nlrb and eeoc and industrial commission

Comment

If the NLRB is involved, that means you are Unionized, right?

Comment

yes company is unionized, union director also moved complaint from step one to step 4 to speed up process, i am unsure if i should accept a wrongful terminations lawyers offer to handle my case at this time since wrongful termination and discrimination charges have been amended and added by the nlrb, eeoc accepted and pursuing charges of discrimination also

Comment

Did you file a timely grievance on the wrongful termination? What process did the union director follow in the grievance procedure that you feel failed to protect your rights? Generally, the courts have held you have the right to union protections as a member. It does not mean you have the right to good representation.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                yes company is unionized, union director also moved complaint from step one to step 4 to speed up process, i am unsure if i should accept a wrongful terminations lawyers offer to handle my case at this time since wrongful termination and discrimination charges have been amended and added by the nlrb, eeoc accepted and pursuing charges of discrimination also
                If a lawsuit is to proceed for violation of contract, the union greivance mechanism must be followed 1st, Republic Steel v. Maddox. The UNION will know the law. They also have a duty to represent you fairly, Vaca v.Sipes.

Comment

the eeoc has filed discrimination charges, the nlrb has filed corersion, restraining and interferance of concerted rights and wrongful termination charges, the dept of labor has filed discrimination and wrongful termination charges, osha has filed wronful termination and retaliation charges, the union has filed wrongful termination charges, and the industrial commision is expected to file wrongful termination and ertaliation charges against this company, and two law firms are waiting to take my case to civil court, if i am not satiosfied with the unions outcome on my case, have no idea what the final outcome and total damages that i can be awarded by each department because all cases are being handles separatly

Comment

the eeoc has filed discrimination and wrongful termination charges, the nlrb has filed corersion, restraining and interference of concerted rights and wrongful termination charges, the dept of labor has filed discrimination and wrongful termination charges, osha has filed wrongful termination and retaliation charges, the union has filed wrongful termination charges, and the industrial commission is expected to file wrongful termination and retaliation charges against this company, and two law firms are waiting to take my case to civil court, if i am not satisfied with the unions outcome on my case , have no idea what the final outcome and total damages that i can be awarded by each department because all cases are being handles separately, what actions should i take now should i accept a wrongful termination lawyers offer to represent me now or keep waiting to see what the company and union agreement offer is

Comment

COMPANY HAS TOLD UNEMPLOYMENT OFFICE THAT I COMMUNICATED A THREAT AGAINST A COWORKER WHEN IN FACT NO THREAT WAS EVE MADE AGAINST ANY ONE I WAS NEVER IN DANGER BY THE COWORKER AND THE QUESTIONS WERE MANUFACTURED AND NOT REAL AND MADE UP BY MY SUPERVISOR AND THE SITUATION WAS MANUFACTURED AND MADE UP BY MY SUPERVISOR NONE OF IT WAS REAL OR TRUE AND NEVER HAPPENED, CAN I SUE THEM FOR SLANDER ? AND DAMAGE TO MY REPUTATION the statement is a manufactured lie based on a hypothetical question i was forced to answer by my supervisor who refused to accept i would walk away as a answer

Comment

Your lawyer could best advise you on the facts. You will have a witness if you exercised your Weingarten Rights.

Comment

thank you the eeoc is still doing their investigation of violations and osha has fined company 2,700.00 dollars a day and dept of labor is still doing their investigation and industrial comission reopened claim for wrongful termintaion and retalition, and nlrb has handed their case to union for mediation with nlrb retaining final settlement or overseeing case every 90 days .

Comment

nlrb charges are in arbitrtion , and dept of labor and eeoc charges went from mediation to investigation charges and osha charges went back to a second investigation becasue of a injury to a worker based on safety violations i complained about and union charges are going to arbitration, workers compensation settlement is back in disagrement6 over wording of settlement , company tried to msrepresent and steal my rights to further seek a civil claim in the workers compensation settlement agreement and my lawyer rejected the settlemnt clincher because of their deliberate atemp to take all my rights away in their settlement when all we agreed on was a workes compensation settlement and not any civil or violations laws

Comment

had a eeoc global mediation date set but eeoc canceled and said company want a hearing with me and my lawyer to settle my claims and eeoc wants a copy of the settlement is this norman in a claim of multiple charges against the company with several agencys such as the eeoc , nlrb and dept of labor , , company offered me 50,000 dollars 8 months ago before eeoc mediation and unemployment hearing and union court date but i asked for 2 million to settle all claims at that time company rejected offer but is willing to settle now should i settle or seek more from all claims

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X