Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employment rights discrimination - FAQ

1. Can my employer tell me how i get to work, as long as i get there on time ready to work?
    2. Can my employer tell one employee that they can not use another employees car to pick me up for work. if it was arranged privatly between employees off the clock?
    3. Can my employer insist that i can not work unless i stay at one employees house whom i had previously filed a sexual harassment charge against?
    4. Can my employer tell me that i am not allowed to work unless i either adhere to the previous statement (Question3) or get my own vehicle?

re: Employment rights discrimination - FAQ

If your in the states and in an "at will" state and not part of a Union or employment contract that says otherwise yes

Comment

1. Can my employer tell me how i get to work, as long as i get there on time ready to work?

No

2. Can my employer tell one employee that they can not use another employees car to pick me up for work. if it was arranged privatly between employees off the clock?

No
      3. Can my employer insist that i can not work unless i stay at one employees house whom i had previously filed a sexual harassment charge against?

This question is very bizarre and if an employer actually said that, report them to the Department of Labor and Human Rights Commission. No, is the answer

4. Can my employer tell me that i am not allowed to work unless i either adhere to the previous statement (Question3) or get my own vehicle?

No. How you get to work is no business of the employer. The employer can only dictate within the hours he/she is actually paying you. What you do outside those parameters is your business and your time. Employers like to overstep their bounds and treat employees like personal servants, which gets many in trouble.

Comment

All true but the employee can still be lawfully fired if he violates those silly conditions unless the employee is not in an "at will" state or under a cba or employment contract

Comment

No, even under Union conditions, they cannot be fired for the reasons the OP is asking about. Even under Union law, a person can get to work any way they wish to, as long as they show up for work on time. It is no business of the employer how the employee gets to work, as long as they show up when the clock starts on the employer's time.

It is especially unlawful for an employer, Union or not, to demand a person stay with a person who has had a sexual harassment complaint filed against them, which is the most bizarre question put forth.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X