Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laid off during breast cancer treatment

In dec 2013, I was laid off from an executive management position due to 'restructuring' - combining my role with that of another employee at my same level. I was told 2 days before my 3rd ( hopefully final) surgery related to breast cancer. I signed the severance agreement and accepted severance pay because I believed they truly were making changes. However, the other employee who should have also been impacted by this restructuring is still working there, with the same title as before. The job posting listing does include different responsibilities than I had, but duplicates positions still held at the company. They are actively recruiting for this open 'new' position and have not hired anyone yet.
    My question is: at what point does their restructuring platform fail to justify my dismissal . I'm not 'out to get' them and understand, although disagree with, the theoretical restructuring plans. But I also don't want to be naive.
    Thank you

Re: Laid off during breast cancer treatment

I wish to inform you that your employer may terminate you for any reason or no reason as there is employment at will. In this regard if you were laid off because of medical treatment then there may be certain action but if reasons were not medical then you may not file lawsuit. Further as there has been changes in structure thus you may not consider statement made to you as complete false.

AFF

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

Working...
    X