X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruise Ship Job

Respected sir
    I’ve got a job with Apollo chandlers ship for the post of asst. waiter buffet. I had given the interview in Mumbai, India at Indus cruising in last September. Gary and Lynette were my interviewing officers. I cleared all the rounds of interviews.

I was given an appointment letter which i still possess for Marshall Island based ship called Marina with joining date of 03rd January 2012 by Indus Cruising to be shown at the US embassy in Mumbai, to the Visa interviewing officer during my visa interview in case I was asked any document regarding the job. I cleared the US Visa interview. After that I obtained my US C1D visa in December (valid for 5 years). My passport has been submitted in the Mumbai Indus office since.

I had been told that I’ll get the call soon.

It has been a matter of concern for me as I am still awaiting a call from the company since then. I’ve been in touch with Indus cruising office. They are not able to give me assurance of any sought regarding the job. This phase has been a very difficult one for me. What are the options for me? Can i get any financial benefits from them for the hardships that i had to face in the last one and half year that i'm waiting for the job call?

Please help me.
    Trevor Fernandes

Re: Cruise Ship Job

I wish to inform you that your employment agreement will determine your rights. If you have been provided time of joining then you can demand compensation on the ground that other party have failed in providing you work. If your joining date has not been specified then you can claim compensation when you can show that cruising company will not hire you. As regards your visa you may contact US Embassy and know exact situation of your visa.

AFF

Comment

Sir
      can i have your email id? i want to mail you the document i have. you can advise me further after looking at it.

sincerely

Trevor fernandes

Comment

Sir
        can i have your email id? i want to mail you the document i have. you can advise me further after looking at it.

sincerely

[email protected]
        Trevor fernandes

Comment

Sir
          i think i'm eligible for that compensation. how do i claim for that compensation? whom do i approach?

Comment

The Apollo Group is in Miami, FL. You need to consult a lawyer. Here is a potential resource, provided by the owners of this site.

Ask A Lawyer - WORLD Law Direct
            Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Thanks
              You're right about the group. Its located in the USA.
              I'm from Goa, India. So i should search for a lawyer in my locality? And i dont think i'll be able to afford the fees of the lawyer. will it bemuch?
              i have the joining date letter with me.it says i've to join ship on january 3rd 2012.

Comment

The appropriate venue is likely Miami, FL. Generally, lawyers require you pay in advance.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Comment

yes miami.. my port of joining was shown as miami..
                  i work in a hotel in Goa. my pay is rs 10000. which comes to around US $170 per month. i was hoping there could be a better solution.
                  cant i claim for the deserved compensation from here in Goa, India?

Comment

You have no legal standing to claim anything against a US company here, from there.

Comment

Understood.. So what would be the approx fees of the legal proceedings including the fees of the lawyer in the USA? I want to start this as soon as possible. So have to keep money ready(i'll have to borrow) for the fees and other proceedings. Dont we get a free lawyer in the USA?

Comment

hoping for a reply to my previous question... also tell me whether i have to be present in USA or my lawyer can handle it while i still be in India. Please tell me the appoximate fees and other expenses.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                          Understood.. So what would be the approx fees of the legal proceedings including the fees of the lawyer in the USA? I want to start this as soon as possible. So have to keep money ready(i'll have to borrow) for the fees and other proceedings. Dont we get a free lawyer in the USA?
                          Likely several thousands of dollars. No, you do not get a free lawyer to sue someone in the US.

Comment

i dont have so much money. we are a poor family. so... thats it? i should give up on it coz i cannot afford a lawyer and other fees? feel so frustrated!!! If i win the case... how much will i get? i was promised a salary of around USD 750 per month on the cruise ship. so.. is it worth suing the company? or might be the case that i've to spend more than what i get at last as compensation.

Comment

also along with the last question plz tell me how long does it take?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X