X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since I started work, I have been targeted and bullied

CA

I am reaching out today to share some feedback about my experience working at a car dealership.The work environment provided by him has been uncomfortable since day 1 and extremely hostile. Since I started, I have been targeted and bullied, especially regarding my religious views.

During meetings and throughout the day the boss's management style is to put down employees and make them feel uncomfortable, using extremely inappropriate and volatile language. He has made countless references to using drugs and alcohol on almost a daily basis. He would brag about being up all night long on Cocaine and coming to work on no sleep - his demeanor and behavior made it clear this was the case. In almost every meeting - he curses and makes inappropriate remarks to me and my coworkers.

Is this grounds for a legal action?

Here is a comprehensive article about Hostile Work Environment in CA.

Hostile Work Environments & California Law (2022) (worklawyers.com)

If your situation fits, I suggest you consult an attorney to find out how to compile evidence.

Understand that even if it is HWE there might not be enough money involved for an attorney to take the case on a contingency and you'd have to pay by the hour.

You might just have to suck it up until you find another job.

Comment

This kind of behavior is very wrong in any workplace. Last year my cousin's brother who was working in a software company had to face this kind of harassment in his office. He was very depressed and couldn't stay focused on his job because of the bad behaviors of the seniors. His family members were really supportive of him and decided to take legal action against this kind of harassment in the office. So they approach Cummings and Franck P.C. the employment discrimination lawyers in Los Angeles and discuss their case. They suggest them the best legal advice and help my cousin's brother to file a harassment case against their seniors. They fight for my brother's rights and win the case. After winning the case my brother leaves that company after six months and join a new company.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

the answer is no... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)