Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I terminate for lying on a background

[SIZE=3]TEXAS, I have a staffing agency and I had a guy come in fill out his applications where it said “have you ever been convicted of a crime?” He put “yes juvi criminal record sealed” Well I didn’t think anything of it seeing how he was older. Well I had an upcoming job assignment where the company that needed guys wanted guys with clean backgrounds so I spoke to him about the position told him about running his background his comment “sure I have a good background I’ve never been in a lot of trouble.” Upon running it I found out he was convicted of rape of a 4yr old when he was 17 now 21. Come to find out he has to register for life. Am I amble to terminate him and if so how am I able to do so and cover my company?[/SIZE]

Re: Can I terminate for lying on a background

I wish to inform you that you can terminate your employee. In this regard an employee can be terminated at any time for any reason or for no reason. Further as in your employment there is requirement that you require a person with clean background thus you can terminate employment.

AFF

Comment

I suggest you terminate him without giving a reason.
      Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Texas is an “employment-at-will” state. Employer can terminate an employee’s employment without cause provided that the reason is not unlawful, unless an employee has an employment contract. You can terminate the employee since he had been convicted for crime. For that purpose, you can request a resignation letter from the employee and also conduct exit interview process. Exit interview provides reasonable opportunity to let employee know why he is being terminated and also provides an opportunity to identify employee’s uncompleted work, to recover any company property that the employee possesses, and to take care of various others administrative issues that arise because of the end of the employment relationship. An employer should terminate an employee in a private setting, and disclose the reason for an employee’s separation only to those individuals with a business reason to know.
        It is always advisable to seek the assistance of an attorney who can help answer any questions you may have.

Comment

Originally posted by Employer View Post
          [SIZE=3]TEXAS, I have a staffing agency and I had a guy come in fill out his applications where it said “have you ever been convicted of a crime?” He put “yes juvi criminal record sealed” Well I didn’t think anything of it seeing how he was older. Well I had an upcoming job assignment where the company that needed guys wanted guys with clean backgrounds so I spoke to him about the position told him about running his background his comment “sure I have a good background I’ve never been in a lot of trouble.” Upon running it I found out he was convicted of rape of a 4yr old when he was 17 now 21. Come to find out he has to register for life. Am I amble to terminate him and if so how am I able to do so and cover my company?[/SIZE]
          A company may terminate an employee without giving cause when the employment is at will.

His failure to notify he is a registered sex offender is cause enough if one wants to look for one.

The company should not be at risk for terminating him.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X