Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Background Check Mishap (both charges were dismissed, I was never convicted)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background Check Mishap (both charges were dismissed, I was never convicted)

I was hired by a temp agengy to work on a guaranteed 90 day tech support project. After work the 2nd day the company notified me that the temp agency pulled me from the project because of something on my background check. They said they would be happy to have me back if I could straighten things out with the temp agency.

I called the temp agency to get more insight as to why I was let go. I was told it was because I had a Felony & Misdemeanor on my record. I requested a copy of the background check from the company that supplied it to the temp agency. After reviewing my copy, I did see reference to both the charges. However, underneath each charge is the disposition section which listed both charges as dismissed! I was never convicted of these charges.

I called the temp agency back to let them know about their mistake. They started giving me the run around. They refused to put me back on the project even though the company I worked for still needs help and is even bringing in a 2nd group of people. Do I have a wrongful termination case against the temp agency and could I recoup the 90 days of wages I lost? Could I be entitled to other damages?

re: Background Check Mishap (both charges were dismissed, I was never convicted)

You could consult your nearest Department of Labor office to briefly discuss the issue with them first...you may also want to ask the company to put what is happening in writing and explain to them that you may have attorneys review the situation...try speaking to a higher level of management about the issue; they may override the other managers. If none of these efforts resolves the issue, let us know here.

Comment

re: Background Check Mishap (both charges were dismissed, I was never convicted)

You're really in a hard state, but don't worry if it's not a true background check, I mean if there is any misunderstanding you may try to make your own BC and bring the report to prove you're fired not honestly,,,, and maybe in this case you'll also be able to get "90 days of you salary lost"

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X