Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Hire personal information

My husband was hired by a fairly large out of state company. They are requiring all new employees send them copies of our marriage certificate if applicable, birth certificates of our children, and social security numbers for all. Due to the possibility of identity theft I'm extremely distressed about this request; is this even legal to require this? What are my options? Thank you.

Re: New Hire personal information

For what reason? Normally that is not required and allowed.

Comment

Apparently for insurance purposes. He was told that that once they started requiring this information that about "20% of the dependents were found to be non-allowed or non-existent." The company is out of Florida.

Comment

You could consult your nearest Department of Labor office to briefly discuss the issue with them first...you may also want to ask the company to put what is happening in writing and explain to them that you may have attorneys review the situation...try speaking to a higher level of management about the issue; they may override the other managers.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X