The United States Arbitration Corporation (USAC)

USAC Banner 300x250

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not paid for all contracts following termination

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not paid for all contracts following termination

I was hired as an account executive for a new tv station and was asked to also perform additional talent roles, including providing voiceovers and on-camera talent for commercials. I was to be paid a salaried rate for my sales work and a separate rate for talent work. In the weeks prior to my termination, I provided 3 on-camera appearances for promotions for the station and 3 voiceovers for advertising sponsors' commercials. During the meeting in which I was terminated, the General Manager and the Operations Director said I could continue to provide voice and on-screen talent at an increased rate.
    However, upon receiving my final paycheck, I was not paid for the talent work. I contacted the Business Manager (the General Manager's wife) and was told that my talent work had been "unsatisfactory" and could not be used and, per my contract, they were not obligated to pay me for unsatisfactory work. I asked her why the GM and OD would have asked me to continue providing this service if my work was unsatisfactory and was told "He was just being polite, not to hurt your feelings. He's not Simon Cowell."
    I feel like they probably chose not to use my work just to disassociate from me (though they claimed there was nothing personal about the termination). My question is, if they simply CHOSE not to use my work, rather than it truly being "unsatisfactory", do they have an obligation to pay me for the work?

Re: Not paid for all contracts following termination

They sure do--you must be paid. File in small claims court if you have to.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X