X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrongful Termination in Oregon

Helllo...

About a week and a half ago I was terminated from my job. I had never called in sick or missed a day of work while I was there (1 month about). However, my step son attempted suicide a little before I was to be on my shift. I called my employer immediately and told them what had happened and that I would be at the hospital with my wife all night. They covered the shift and never called back.

The next day I went to work, did my shift and went home. During the day, the VP of the company called me and told me not to come in that night, but to come see her at 10 AM the next day. I went into the meeting as requested and she told me that she was sorry to hear about what happened, BUT that due to the fact that I was having problems and it appeard that future couseling appointments would need to take place for some time, that I was not going to "work out" for the company's needs. I was terminated within 10 minutes of arriving. When I told her that I didn't agree, she got pissed and told me that no one had ever questioned her before when letting an employee "go."

My family has suffered more because of this. Is there much I can do?

Thanks

re: Wrongful Termination in Oregon

You could consult your nearest Department of Labor office to briefly discuss the issue with them first...you may also want to ask the company to put what is happening in writing and explain to them that you may have attorneys review the situation...try speaking to a higher level of management about the issue.

Comment

re: Wrongful Termination in Oregon

Thanks, I'll do as you've suggested and get back on here to post the results.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X