Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it legal for a company to terminate you while on disability?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it legal for a company to terminate you while on disability?

I recently took Family Medical Leave and Short Term Disability from my job for health reasons. My Family Medical Leave ran out, however my Short Term Disability was still in effect. When my Short term Disability through my company ran out, they sent me the paper work for my Long Term Disability which I have been paying towards for over 2 years. I sent in all paperwork and have complied with all physician updated asked for. I just received a termination letter from my company. Is it legal for a company to terminate you while on disability?

re: Is it legal for a company to terminate you while on disability?

Normally no--You could consult your nearest Department of Labor office to briefly discuss the issue with them first...you may also want to ask the company to put what is happening in writing and explain to them that you may have attorneys review the situation...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X