Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Put on Administrative Leave

December 21, 2006 My boyfriend and I were put on "Administrative Leave" due to theft from our work. Neither one of us took the so called missing money. There are two other employees that worked a shift before us and they are not on leave. We work for a company where you have to be S.O.B. licensed in Texas. We believe people should follow the law and our company doesn't like the fact we wouldn't let illegal things slide. Today we were suppose to get our checks but they told us they are being held until the matter is cleared up. Today is the second of January and until today we didn't even know what was stolen. We had to pull teeth just to learn it was 290.00 dollars missing. I know they can't keep our checks thats not what I'm wanting to know. What can we do to the company for singling us out for voicing our opinion? We have lost almost two weeks worth of work times 2, have no money coming in and we have a 6 month old baby to care for! Just because we don't have millions of dollars in our bank doesn't mean we don't deserve respect. I want justice for being told we took something we didn't, for not giving us our checks and over time. This isn't just about us but our son! They are not even giving us a chance to clear our name. This man (the owner) thinks because he has money he can step on anyone he feels well he stepped on the wrong women. Please someone tell I have rights and please tell me what I can do!

Re: Put on Administrative Leave

Based on what you say here, you could file suit against them (or at least threaten to do so) in small claims court or in regular court;you may also report them to your state attorney general's office.

You could consult your nearest Department of Labor office to briefly discuss the issue with them as well.

If you need WLD lawyers to intervene let them know here, or on the home page of the site.

Comment

We have contacted so many Lawyers around us and none have returned our phone calls so please can you help.

Comment

I just wanted to say we wrote our former employer a certified letter stating we wanted our checks within 7 business days or we would seek further legal action and we haven't heard back from them. We now have 5 to 6 former employees that have a valid case against this company. It ranges from not receiving over time to actually let an employee work without being S.O.B certified knowing she could have been fined and put in jail if the sheriff's Department found out and they didn't tell her the risks. So do we still just have a small claims court case or not?

Comment

You could consult your nearest Department of Labor office to briefly discuss the issue with them first--they will often intervene. Or you could each sue separately in small claims or other court.

Comment

We have talked to Texas Workforce Commission also we have filed a Wage Claim Form and all they could tell me was it may take awhile and in the mean time we could try other ways to get our checks.

Comment

Small claims should help resolve it quickly; but each of you will have to file --

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X