Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What makes a Hostile Work Environment

My supervisor has been riding my since Jan 2006. He is condisending when he speaks to me, makes me turn in my work directly to him with no feedback. All to the point my co-workers told me to begin logging my contacts with my supervisor. Obviously their is much more to the story, but I don't know if loging contacts the I "feel" are negative can benifit me, or can they? What is a Hostile Work Environment if it does not cover a legally protected characteristics? Basiclly the guy has it out for me. No matter what I do, I am wrong........ Can anyone help?
    Thanks

Re: What makes a Hostile Work Environment

PS- In CA, USA
    Thanks again

Comment

Bad management is normally not illegal unfortunately; but try speaking to supervisors above him about his demeaning behavior etc. They should tell him to change his ways if only for business reasons.

Comment

Sorry, I am going through the same thing. Considering talking to a lawyer but I can't find anything to encourage success with this problem. Why can't you just take other employees to court with you and have them testify about the poor work conditions? The problem is that others are afraid it could backfire and nothing is done causing the boss to also be on their case. This fear causes them to cater to the bosses ego making them loss all respect for themselves. This should say something about the unbelievable stress most are working under these days. Bullie bosses are given way too much power and very little supervision. Good luck. If you find a way to do anything let me know. I should'nt have to loss my 9 yrs. of vacation benifits etc. while he stays put. I really feel like I helped build this organization by my hard work, and if anyone goes, it should be the one person that is bringing down the morale of his employees.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X