Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I be fired from a position for a medical condition or episode?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I be fired from a position for a medical condition or episode?

During a audition I had complications from essential tremors. Due to this I was terminated.

Are they justified in doing this?

Thanks,
    Clay

re: Can I be fired from a position for a medical condition or episode?

Normally no--You could consult your nearest Department of Labor office to briefly discuss the issue with them first...and/or email wld privately

Comment

my husband was terminated because of a genetic disease, he has huntingtons disease, its really hard on our family because we are losing our insurance and there is no way i can make what he was making, he worked for the goverment, does anyone know if they can do this? he was an aircraft mechanic but he only works in an office now and hes not in bad health...in fact being out of work is really causing his problems to be worse...

Comment

They cannot, do as advised above.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X