Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHY ME? ONLY PEOPLE THAT EVER GET FIRED ARE BLACK

I was employed at a job for about a year and a half. I was terminated because the supervisor said I was on my last call in, which was on Jan 1, 2010. The last time I call in before that was in April 2009. I was written up because my house alarm went off and I had to go home as well. I really feel that this was personal! I was also wondering why was I fired and no one else and trust me their attendance is worst than mine. I was thinking that this was an act of discrimination because the only people that ever get fired are black. Should I file a complaint with EEOC?

re: WHY ME? ONLY PEOPLE THAT EVER GET FIRED ARE BLACK

I wish to inform you that in case of discrimination based on race and color, the law provides legal remedy. It is prohibited by the Federal law. You can file your complaint with the US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. In this, you can file a lawsuit for restoration of your job. You can also claim compensation for the suffering and pain suffered by you. However, the complaint is subject to statue of limitation and must be filed within a period of 180 days from the day of being fired from your job which you state was January 01, 2010.

AFF

Comment

Re: WHY ME? ONLY PEOPLE THAT EVER GET FIRED ARE BLACK

Oh here we go with failing to take into account anything other than color of skin may be the cause of why a person was fired. I really wish black people would stop using that same old tired excuse. Isn't it convenient to have color of your skin to blame instead of looking inward for self insight? Grow up.

You have no case for racial discrimination. You were fired because you were absent too many times. That's it. You will play hell proving in a court of law that they fired you because of the color of your skin. This isn't the 60's anymore. Live in the present, not the past.

Comment

Maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle.

We don't know the boss involved here??

You can pursue it if you honestly feel race is the primary issue involved here. But that would seem a bit odd--they did hire you...why go through all the hassle of then firing you.

Comment

I am white and I was fired too. It seems they only fire white employees. Do I have a case? Only people who ever get fired are white. ::cue crying like a baby::

Comment

Yes, I know it is not the 60's. That is why people should treat everyone equally! If a black person is terminated and a white person is not and they have the same attendance record explain that!? You will never now, because you are not black! Racism is still alive today as it was in the 60's!! Just make sure you do not become you treat everyone equally! Get real! Get outside of a false reality of your "white world!" "RACISM IS ALIVE IN AMERICAN!!!!!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              Oh here we go with failing to take into account anything other than color of skin may be the cause of why a person was fired. I really wish black people would stop using that same old tired excuse. Isn't it convenient to have color of your skin to blame instead of looking inward for self insight? Grow up.

You have no case for racial discrimination. You were fired because you were absent too many times. That's it. You will play hell proving in a court of law that they fired you because of the color of your skin. This isn't the 60's anymore. Live in the present, not the past.

"I have proof!" I had the best attendance record there! A lot of insecure people can not deal with a "STRONG BLACK WOMAN!!!" I now have a new job! It did not take long, because some companies know when someone is an asset to their company!!!

Comment

Racism is not as "alive" in today's world as it was in the 60's. Have you failed to notice we have a black president? Do you honestly believe that was even a remote possibility in the 60's?

Get real, indeed. You might want to take your own advice.

Comment

"I have proof!" I had the best attendance record there! A lot of insecure people can not deal with a "STRONG BLACK WOMAN!!!" I now have a new job! It did not take long, because some companies know when someone is an asset to their company!!!"

Congratulations on securing a new position with a good employer.

Comment

Ohhh hun so untrue! soooo UN TRUE! I have got fired couple times! now I am in a worst situation and I dont know why!

Comment

RACISM IS VERY MUCH ALIVE!!!! ESP: IN ALABAMA!

Comment

I am a professional and I am Black as Well, I filed a claim with EEOC; about comments made around me such as ****** fish; and was treated unfairly with workloads, talked as if I was stupid and inferior to my white counter parts. I dont belive that you should be treated differently, but I was Fired for making complaints of this behavior. I worked for this company for six years, but not until I was under new management that thought this was okay behavior i was written up with three complaints in six years and was fired. Racism is very much alive and some people dont want to work with blacks or feel that blacks should be cleaning house or fixin their meals.

Comment

In my firm we do not seem to have any of these problems.

Maybe it is firm by firm??

Comment

Originally posted by lyfe View Post
                            RACISM IS VERY MUCH ALIVE!!!! ESP: IN ALABAMA!
                            It's been my experience that the sector keeping racism alive are the ones crying racism.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X