X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being Fired for Criminal History

I am very worried about my job.

I have been here 5 plus years and found out last week that we have to submit to Criminal History Checks. This is the first time in 5 years I have been asked about my past and was never asked thus never told.

My crime was back in 1999/2000 and I was convicted. Its not drugs or violence. Hot Checks and Welfare Fraud.

My question, Can they fire me for it? I'm not on Probation or Parole.

Again..

VERY WORRIED!!

Re: Being Fired for Criminal History

While it's possible, it's not cemented in stone. If you have worked, without incident, for this company for 5 years, it's possible, if not probable, they will overlook your past and allow you to continue to work for them.

Don't borrow trouble.

Comment

Re: Being Fired for Criminal History

Even if the crime was committed way back in 2000, your employer could still fire you for making a false statement on your application (if that is what was done). Wish you good luck.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X