Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contract breached: Can I take them to small claims? I live in Ontario

In oct 2009 I was employed by a company that gave me a offer of full time 40-44 hours a week job with all job duties,benefits, probations rules etc all listed in an offer and I accepted the offer. Since that date the most hours received in one week has been 35 hours for just two weeks all other weeks very little or no hours, last two weeks was only given 7 hours a week. Every week we keep getting told next week we should be up and running and to just have patience and you will be full time, then next week comes and it is still the same. They have been doing this since october and my financially resources have ran out with the hopes and belief that they were true to their word. I am wondering if i can sue my employer for breaching the contract given to me and hold them accountable for loss work time and to be compensated. Can I take them to small claims. I live in ontario

re: Contract breached: Can I take them to small claims? I live in Ontario

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    In oct 2009 I was employed by a company that gave me a offer of full time 40-44 hours a week job with all job duties,benefits, probations rules etc all listed in an offer and I accepted the offer. Since that date the most hours received in one week has been 35 hours for just two weeks all other weeks very little or no hours, last two weeks was only given 7 hours a week. Every week we keep getting told next week we should be up and running and to just have patience and you will be full time, then next week comes and it is still the same. They have been doing this since october and my financially resources have ran out with the hopes and belief that they were true to their word. I am wondering if i can sue my employer for breaching the contract given to me and hold them accountable for loss work time and to be compensated. Can I take them to small claims. I live in ontario
    Was this a oral or written contract?
    What kind of company?
    The elements that you have to allege and prove for Breach of Contract are:
    1. The existence of a contract.
    2. Breach of that contract.
    3. And your damages.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X