Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminated while on Disability - Georgia

Melony, Georgia - I am (was) on short-term disability and told long-term disability was to start in a few days. Then I got a letter saying I was terminated for not returning to work on the same day my long-term started. Then I think well they must not talk to each other, so I will be ok, today I got a check for the 3 days of the week the Long-term started and ended. So is this right, can they do that?

re: Terminated while on Disability - Georgia

In this I wish to inform you that the employer can terminate you however if your organization is having more than 50 employees then your organization gets covered with FMLA and therefore you cannot be terminated like this. You can take up the case with the local state labor board. In Georgia it is unlawful to terminate employee while on leave under FMLA. For an employee to be eligible for FMLA benefit the employee must have worked for employer for 12 months and he must have worked for 1250 hours within the previous 12 months.

AFF

Comment

re: Terminated while on Disability - Georgia

Double post. See your other thread.

http://www.legaljunkies.com/forumhir...cal-leave.html

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

Working...
      X