USAC Banner 728x90



No announcement yet.

Japanese Banking

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Japanese Banking

    My friend is an international student from Japan who has been in school in the US for 2 years. Her mother is currently hospitalized for a mental condition in Japan. The bank account with monies inherited from her mother's family is in her mother's name only. Her father took a letter from the doctors to the bank which stated that the mother was not capable to handle her own financial affairs, but they would not release any monies to her or her father. She is in need of tuition money. Do they have Durable Power of Attorney, or Guardianship in Japan? Does she have any recourse so that she can access the money to pay her tuition?

  • #2
    Re: Japanese Banking

    I wish to inform you that a guardianship of mother of your friend will be required to access bank account. In this regard as bank account is in the name of mother thus only mother can have access but if mother cannot operate because of medical reasons then guardianship of mother can be taken and her bank account can be accessed.



    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

    the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

    widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.