USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone here familiar with non extradition ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone here familiar with non extradition ?

Hello All,

I was not sure what section to post this in.

I have been researching non extradition and finding a lot of information about it.

But not sure if you were to commit a crime in the USA I have read that even if you flee to a country like montenegro or andorra that does not have extradition treaties with the us they can still send you back is that correct?

I have also done research and the only true safe place a person who committed a crime in the USA to live and be safe from the us justice department would be countries the USA does not have diplomatic relations with like taiwan, north korea, iran, Bhutan, and maybe cuba where legally the US governments hands would be tied.

is this correct ?

also if my research is correct and non extradition only applies if you are a citizen of that country and they can still send you back regardless of a treaty. Then would going to a country like the Phillipines be a better choice as a safe haven.

please note this is just curious questions and just wanted to get some clarity on it.

I would also be interested in knowing what international law books I could pick up regarding non extradition and things of this nature.

thanks for any advice

Re: anyone here familiar with non extradition ?

I wish to inform you that for extradition countries laws where a person has gone will be taken into consideration. In this regard where there is extradition treaty there a person can be extradited under treaty. In countries where there is no extradition treaty there it can be done with the permission of government. Countries like Cuba or North Korea there is difficulty in extradition but even these countries may send person back. In countries where there is no diplomatic relations there generally government may pose difficulty in extradition but it is not totally impossible.

AFF

Comment

You seem to have a grasp on it. There is more but I am not going to share.
      Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

If a person wanted for prosecution in one country enters the borders of another, the country whose judicial system seeks him has no authority to force him to appear in court. In this situation, the only way to get the person into your court of law is to come to a diplomatic agreement with the country in which he is residing for that country to use its authority to seize him, and then turn him over to the authorities of your country. This process is called extradition. Countries rarely extradite their own citizens, regardless of the basis for the extradition request.

Comment

Extradition is at a country's option.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X