X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW SCAN

SCAM - What will happen to me?

I was contacted some days ago (February) by a person through email who told I had replied his email about a job position. I had indeed looked for jobs a few days ago, and I had sent about 20 CVs to companies, visited monster.com website etc.

They were looking for people in the US and in Europe. I applied to position in Italy, even though I could work from home to receive a salary plus commisions. Initially, they asked me to fill in a form with my information and bank account for payments (commission etc.) and to send them the CV, what I did.

2 or 3 days later they told me that I was selected and that the work concerned support on the phone and email would soon begin. They gave me a phone number in the US, which I called and the person who answered "confirmed" the company existence etc. The company was an existing money lender, called Ferratum, a company in Sweden, Estonia and Finland.

So suddenly he sent me an email where he explained that he had deposited 3430 euros in my account and asked in the same email to transfer that money to 2 other people through Western Union in Ukraine, telling me that it was a loan grant and that I had to be quick. I was a little afraid and thought that they worked to Mafia. They started to call me and in one of the calls a guy was a little rude. Then I decided to do that transfer. Later I found out that the money had been stolen through a Spy software from another bank and transferred to my account.

Now it is considered that I stole the money. I have all emails showing what happened. What could I do to save me and to not lose this money paying myself from my bank account in Italy? Could any of you help?

Have you ever heard about this new scan?

Thanks

Re: NEW SCAN

never do anything with russia and ukraine--full of scams

and avoid western union too as no trail exists to find the cash

i hope the lawyers here will have other advice for you as well

Comment

Are the police involved? If not you may want to go to them and report it.

Comment

Yes, I will go to Italy to talk to the police in a few days and to talk to an Italian lawyer. The guys who contacted me seemed to be in Michigan, US, though. I had their phone number (not mobile).

Comment

Let us know what happens.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X