Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Italian law -- What is the procedure in Italy regarding inheritance?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Italian law -- What is the procedure in Italy regarding inheritance?

Could someone please help me on this issue. What is the procedure in Italy regarding inheritance. My husband and I live in Australia. His father and brother live in Italy. We are worried regarding his inheritance. His father lives in a house that is in my brother-in-law's name. There is also a house above this that was owned by my mother-in-law who is now deceased.

If my husband's father dies intestate we have been told that the house is divided equally between the two sons. Is this true?
    Is it possible for my husband left out entirely because he does not reside in Italy?
    What are our options.

The entire affair is not equitable as his brother receives the house that his parents bought and put his name on the title plus half of the other house and is receiving 100% of my father-in-law's pension in return for "caring" for him (even though he lives alone and they just take him meals and send a cleaner once a week and don't even visit him. He is 86 yrs old.)

re: Italian law -- What is the procedure in Italy regarding inheritance?

All of the sons are eligible to take a partial ownership.

Comment

My Grandfather dies inestate in 1984. He had two children.
      One of those children (my Father ) died last year.
      Hi other sibling is still alive and my late father has 3 children (all alive).
      How should the proerty be disributed?

Comment

that can go either way--per stirpes or not--you need to see your state's law

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X