Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• malaysia business register not include trademark

My family runs a small traditional processed meat business in malaysia for 34 years. The business was register with malaysia business register of companies but not include trademark, as my father was not highly educated, he didn't submit for the trademark, and in 1998 another company selling the same products use the same name as my family business to conduct business and submit for the trademark using my family business name. Now my family business registration is much older than them, will my family win the case if i take the case to court? They didn't sue us for the time being but just selling much inferior products as a lot of my customers had complained, and its causing confusion among my loyal customers as well. Thank you for your time and advice.

Re: malaysia business register not include trademark

Yes you can still sue and win. You have some automatic protection in Malaysia and no business can knowingly and purposely interfere with your name and trademark etc., even when not registered...
    I'm not a lawyer. The information I gave is based on certain research. Please review the information yourself to make an informed decision. Also, the information I posted may no longer be accurate.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X