Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work payments problem in China

I lived in China for five years. While I was there I worked with people in a business and after they paid me for my work, they told me that the money was an upfront payment. So when the company ended they told me I owed all of the money back. At the time they never said any of this and I did work for the money. Now they’re saying they can keep me from entering the country. The amount is roughly about 8,000 usd in yuan.

I’m not sure what to do to protect myself from them turning me in for a crime I didn’t commit.

As a first step I would gather every email, text and other piece of evidence that shows your version of events.
    I would think that over time there must be communications that show you were indeed working for them and it was NOT an advance.
    If there are NONE, that would seem odd.

Keep that evidence with you or accessible at all times in case they try something with the local officials.

If it is worth it, show them your communications (or some of them) that justify your belief that it was never considered an advance.

(Frankly it is a little odd that it would be an advance so they may have a burden that they cannot meet to prove it IS an advance.)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)