Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• china, ordering products (toys)

Is it safe to order 8000 dollars worth of toys from a company in China that we have never visited? They seem professional and have a good website. I have checked two references that were good as well? Any other concerns we should have?

re: china, ordering products (toys)

You could have local lawyers or the chamber of commerce verify the company's record. There is a some degree of fraud there so be careful. You could also pay with a letter of credit or various other methods to reduce risk.

Comment

China Sunrise Vehicle Company (Beware! Liars, Thieves)

Do NOT send money to China Sunrise Vehicle Company. Kevin will steal your money and send you nothing in return. He will lie to you about what he has and if it meets EPA Certification.

He takes your money, then never responds to you again. I lost over $6,000 to this dishonest man.

Kevin is a liar and is dishonest. DO NOT LOSE YOUR MONEY. DO NOT USE CHINA SUNRISE!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Is it safe to order 8000 dollars worth of toys from a company in China that we have never visited? They seem professional and have a good website. I have checked two references that were good as well? Any other concerns we should have?
        Unfortunatley China businesses are becoming more and more known as unreliable. They will advertise descriptions, even display photos of products, yet send you something totally different. If you give them money, you will likely have no recourse if it is a scam. Your credit cards are at risk as well. Once they get your account number they can charge anything they want and the credit card company can't or will do nothing except 'dispute' the charge once it's made. You are still liable for the bill. Citi cards' policy is that if you choose to do business with China, it's your fault if you get scammed. I've been there!

Comment

It helps to check out the businesses with references from people you know and trust, when possible.

Comment

I contacted China Sunrise to buy motorcycles to import into America. Kevin, the person that contacted me from China Sunrise assured that the motorcycles that I was interested in were EPA Certified. He even sent a copy of the certification to prove it.

As soon as I sent my money and told Kevin that it had been wired, I got an **Urgent** email letting me know that the motorcycles weren't certified.

How could this be? What was the certification for that he supplied to me? Was it a fake? He told me to pick another product. I was told my a customs worker that if the vehicles weren't EPA Certified, that they wouldn't be allowed in the country. I was confused and wasn't interested in another of the products that they offered. Besides, how was I to know if he would lie about the certification to me like he already did? What would I do if uncertified bikes arrived? The customs agent told me that they would be shipped back to China.

I told Kevin that I wanted my money back. He replied by saying that the Chinese Government had a law that forbid the return of US Dollars. How absurd is that? I said to send back Chinese Yuan and my bank would convert. I spent many months trying to get my money back. He asked me to send invoices and jump through all kinds of ridiculous hoops to "get the money through the Chinese Bank." Finally, Kevin wanted to send back about half of what I sent him saying that they had already purchased product to fill my order. This seemed impossible to me. I received the **urgent** notice within a week of my wiring the funds to him. What kind of 'expense' could my order have generated?

He suggested that I buy ATV's for Christmas presents instead of getting a refund. I didn't want to give ATV's. I didn't want anything to do with Kevin any longer. He was obviously not worthy of trust.

To this date, more than a year later I have not received a penny back of the money that I sent to China Sunrise Vehicle Company. I am a widow with young children and tried to make money by setting up a motorcycle business. Kevin at China Sunrise Vehicle Company stole my money. I have no motorcycles and no money. Kevin doesn't even bother returning my emails asking about the 50% refund that he was willing to send me. I got nothing.

Please avoid this company. Kevin even went so far as to threaten me by telling me that if I complained to anyone, he would withhold my refund. He never sent it anyway.

Donna Irwin

Comment

no biz no risk

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X