•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to verify a business in China

Consider the following points when it comes to VERIFY a chinese supplier

1. Contact information
    Please note that whether their contact information is right or not, most of the scammers don't offer a right address, tel and fax number online. Some of the tel numbers are empty and some add and tel don't exist at all, they don't offer a company tel number, a private number or mobile phone number instead.

2. Registered corporate number
    Every legal company in China has to register itself with Chinese government authortities and obtain an unique company number. If your business partner cannot offer you a unique registered corporate number, definitely he is a scammer, of course, he may submit you a fake number, so you have to check it out with local administrative government organs with the number he offered. There is a Chinese organ called Bureau of Industry & Commerce ( have branches at all levels ), which is the only government organ responsible for the registration of legitimate companies or enterprises in China. For example, for any legitimate companies from Changsha or Hunan province, you can contact the local administrative organ for confirmation: www.csaic.gov.cn Tel: 86-731-2891606 or www.hunancom.gov.cn Tel: 86-731-2287058 , the problem is you have to report your case in Chinese sometimes because most of the local officials do not know too much English in China.

3. Incredibly low prices, esp for international brands
    Most of Chinese scammers usually entice foreigners with a very low price. If the prices they offered is too low to believe, you may have a further investigation on your partner to know why their prices are so low. Most of the scammers in China profit a lot by selling replicas or fakes of some branded goods to the overseas market, this is very risky because the goods shall be confiscated or detained by Chinese customs houses in case it considered illegal in China. By the way, please remember that the price for authentic /original brands like Sony, Apple, Nokia, Dell etc should be almost the same at anywhere on the globe. You cannot import from the unthorized brands distributors with cheaper price in China. They must be selling relicas, refurbished ones or copies of brands etc ! Please simply forget such suppliers in China !

4. Payment and shipment terms
    The scammers never accept L/C as their payment terms, they prefer Western Union, Paypal and T/T etc. Also they never deliver goods through formal channels in China, they prefer to deliver samples by Express like Fedex, TNT, EMS to avoid more examinations from Chinese customs house. Most of the scammers use Private Bank Accounts in China!

5. Warranty and after sale services
    Scammers never take some measures to guarantee their quality and after-sale services after your payment, they may promise you a lot before payment. It's lip-services only!!!
    forum/doing-business-china/21762-tradekey-new-sponsor-china-challenges.html

Re: How to verify a business in China

helpful comments, appreciate it

Comment

Great advice and points! thumbs up

Comment

looks like i just saved $840 on Shimano fishing reels.

Comment

Good tips.

Comment

hi, I'm a Chinese guy, if you want to verify a supplier or get scammed, maybe I can help you.
            my email: [email protected]

Comment

All looks reasonable, but it depends on different cases. I know some small or medium-sized factories, they don't accpet L/C.

Confirm the company you work with are legal and not a fraud before you wire money to them.

If you anyone need business interpreter/ assistant, sourcing agent, business consultant in China, you may call me via +86-135-1272-3439 or email
              [email protected]

Comment

Yeah, I appreciate both the comments from charles85 and cnmichaelgong, as these are the tips that must be kept in mind while verifying businesses in China.
                Ask Questions and live help at http://www.maybenow.com

Comment

Getting a bank reference from a legitimate and well known bank also helps.

Comment

we have checked hundreds of chinese suppliers for many foreign companies, we have met some scammers pretend to be real trading company even factory, sometimes it's not enough to check online. pay a visit to them, or ask someone contact local officials directly and fully check out their registered information and export qualifications in China. that's part of our job. any one need suggestion. mail me at [email protected]

Comment

Most professional interpreter and business coordinator in Guangzhou, China! With 4 years international trade business experience, I have attended various kinds of fairs, and handle export business for my clients from USA, Canada, Dubai, UK, India, Mauritius, Pakistan, Spain, Iran, Australia etc. Well informed of wholesales markets in Guangzhou, Foshan, I am familiar with following products: Weight reducing products, Shoes, Garments, Jewelry, Toy, Stationery, Furniture, Construction Material, Bags, Electronics, Mobile Accessories, Auto Parts, Hotel Products/Kitchenwares……

I can generally assist you as following:
                      1. Interpreter & translator in Guangzhou and peripheral areas, or trip to other cities
                      2. Transport arrangement, such as hotel reservation, book airplane tickets, guide for personnal shopping, guide for tour
                      3. Guide for business to the wholesale markets and manufactureies,negotiate good prices with suppliers
                      4. Orders follow up, inspection, shipment arrangements, handling export procedure, make and post shipment documents to buyers
                      5. Source new products and suppliers in China when the buyer go back to his country

In need of an interpreter or coordinator? I am here, Nancy, a strong sense of responsibility, cheerful, easy-going girl is here to assist to solve above problems! Just email me at [email protected] or call me at 0086-186-8844-8073.

Comment

Re: Most professional interpreter & business coordinator in China

OUR BUSINESS SCOPE:

1. Manufacturers and Products Sourcing, Quotation, Price Negotiation, Orders Following and Quality Control.

2. Guide tour to factories and wholesale markets all over China.

3. Custom clearance and all necessary documentation & Certificates such as packing list, Commercial invoice, Certificate of Origin (Form A, Form E, Form B, Form P, Form F), Fumigation Certificate, Disinfection certificate and bill of Lading.

4. Shipping arrangement from suppliers by sea or by air.

5. Hotel reservation and picking clients up from the airport or railway station.

Yes,We are the right ones,Please contact us now for more infomation.
                        Email: [email protected] chineseinterpreter.net
                        MOB:+86.135.1272.3439

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X