Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help with my business in Shanghai

I have opened an office in Shanghai. We take commision of our manufacturers but our manufacturer has gone straight to our customer and cut us out.

The problem I have is that if I can open a buisness account in either China or the UK (I'm a British citizen) I need to control the account from UK then I can control the payments, the customer pay's me and then I pay the manufacturer after taking my cut...

Re: Need some help with my business in Shanghai

I wish to inform you that if you are having a representative office in China then such offices are generally not allowed under Chinese law to receive payments, sign contracts or directly receive income. Indirect business activity is not allowed to be undertaken. However your representative office can enforce contracts, maintain liason with Chinese contacts, etc. Therefore, if you wish to secure payment then you can enter into a Working Agreement establishing how the working will be regulated and providing that you will receive commission from the sales, thereby securing your payment. In addition, you can sign a Non Circumvention Agreement with the manufacturer to protect your financial interests.

AFF

Comment

you can use paypal

Comment

Two choices;

a.establish a FOB company in HK to receive your buyer's payment and then you pay the supplier directly.This FOB company will not cost you lots of money and per my understanding the initial serving charges is less than RMB5000. This FOB company is just virtual office in HK and you are not necessary to stay in HK and the most important part is that you could have a foreign company bank account and could receive and pay foreign currencies freely.

b. Sign one comission contract with your chinese suppliers and ask professional lawyer's advice. But frankly speaking , this option is not always good as sometimes chinese companies always break the contract .So you had better choose the first option .

Hope above helps you something here.
        Tiger.zhang

Guangzhou Sourcing Agent

Comment

I would suggest you do have a contract that provides for liquidated damages if they circumvent you. And keep the commission low and reasonable on your deals.

Comment

Moneybookers.com could be the solution.
            Cheating Spouse

Comment

I agree with Tiger.zhang, open an account in HK could help you a lot.
              Working in the apparel business

Comment

I concur with #7's suggestion.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X