X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Indonesian Lawnmower Scam?

Mentari Lawn & Garden is COMPLETE SCAM.

They offer a price that is markedly lower than other vendors to attract you.

If you use PayPal, here is what happens: You will receive a letter/envelope certified mail. It is from a Shipper Fajri Pratama Logistics. You go to the Post Office to sign for it and pick it up. It contains an "International Bill of Lading" and a "EMI International Proof of Delivery" form.

Both Mentari and Fajri ARE COMPLETELY BOGUS. THEY BOTH HAVE ELABORATE AND PROFESSIONAL LOOKING WEBSITES. BUT THEY ARE BOTH COMPLETELY BOGUS.

And then in the end, you will have to fight with PayPal's Buyer Protection program because they will say the product was delivered and "You signed for it!" But you just signed for an envelope. Be sure to keep that envelope!

Comment

There seems to be a new scam website out now: https://www.williambesttools.com/

Amazing prices that are too good to be true. Based in Indonesia. They have paid advertisements on google that pop up when you search for lawn mowers.

Have spent a couple days scouring the net to see if they are legit. Emailed them twice, no response. Hopefully this comment will come up when people search for williambesttools so they don't get scammed.

Comment

Still SCAMMING in April 2020!!!!!

Comment

MENTARI LAWN AND GARDEN & WILLIAMBESTTOOLS.

FAKE, FAKE, FAKE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            Mentari Lawn & Garden is COMPLETE SCAM.

They offer a price that is markedly lower than other vendors to attract you.

If you use PayPal, here is what happens: You will receive a letter/envelope certified mail. It is from a Shipper Fajri Pratama Logistics. You go to the Post Office to sign for it and pick it up. It contains an "International Bill of Lading" and a "EMI International Proof of Delivery" form.

Both Mentari and Fajri ARE COMPLETELY BOGUS. THEY BOTH HAVE ELABORATE AND PROFESSIONAL LOOKING WEBSITES. BUT THEY ARE BOTH COMPLETELY BOGUS.

And then in the end, you will have to fight with PayPal's Buyer Protection program because they will say the product was delivered and "You signed for it!" But you just signed for an envelope. Be sure to keep that envelope!
            Same here but they tried the bank transfer route with me saying Paypal was down on their end. In the meantime my "lawnmower" was "sent" via Fajuri Logistics and I was given a tracking number. That seemed legitimate but then came the US Customs fees $504. Never heard from them again. They got me for the $504 but got refund on the PayPal $3124 part. The price of the mower that I was buying was the same as it used to be in US on Clearance but US was out! Stay away from these people and I wish I had found this earlier but my transaction started in November of 2019 and this post was not up yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

MENTARI LAWN AND GARDEN & WILLIAMBESTTOOLS.

FAKE, FAKE, FAKE!!!!
              I hope that this shows up in search engines now as it didn't when I looked in November of 2019. Could have saved me $504 to Fajuri Logistics in cooperation with Mentari Lawn and Garden. They got me for $504 for US customs and fees in wire transfer but was able to get original with Mentari back through Paypal. You will get a Bill of Lading after 2 days when you submit your order and then that will be it.

Comment

WELL I just found it via Google to here, and you certainly saved my butt!!!

FYI

Comment

Here is another one to avoid:
                  Indonesian company is William Best Tools.
                  They not only took my money without sending the product, they also tried to get me to send them even more money! Please save yourself the agony of dealing with these evil people and keep your money from being stolen.

Comment

Got us too! They replied to my emails 3 times, then nothing. What a load of crap!

Comment

Kings power equipment is another one on there too...

Comment

That crazy that such rampant scamming exists. For so long.

Comment

Authorities there don't seem quick to help foreigners that have been ripped off, that's been my experience.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X