Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freelancer.com wants to hold money forever because of their own fault!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freelancer.com wants to hold money forever because of their own fault!

Almost 4 weeks ago I finished the project on freelancer.com and then the client released the milestone of the project, right after that when I saw that I received the money I sent him the source code!
    After that, I requested the withdrawal and freelancer canceled it based on a reason which is not even in their own reason’s list!
    this is their list of reason!
    "
    Your pending withdrawal request may be canceled for any of the following reasons:
    • You incurred charges/fees before your withdrawal request is processed.
    • Not including your requested amount to be withdrawn, your account balance is insufficient to cover your incurred charges/fees.
    • The incurred charges/fees were deducted from your requested amount to be withdrawn.
    • There is a discrepancy in the bank account details provided (for Express and Wire withdrawals).
    • The funds you were trying to withdraw came from a deposit and were not earned from working on the site. Check your deposit payment method as we might have refunded your money there.
    "

So, they canceled my withdrawal and didn’t even write me any message! So, then I went to live chat and ask them the reason and they said there are some issues with employers’ profile!
    The thing is this reason is not on the list of the reasons that they can cancel the withdrawal!
    Secondly, these issues should have been checked before they showed me that I received the money and before the time that I sent the source code to the client!
    So, it is totally their fault and since the project is finished, I should not be the one who pays for their fault!
    I asked them till when I should wait for my money and they said the money is on hold till the client verify his account! And since this client is not going to cooperate, they are going to hold the money forever!
    Now after 3 weeks of waiting they continue telling me the same story and offer me some unfair solutions which you can find in our chat transcripts.
    They only say that they are sorry because of this problem but they are not going to accept their fault in this case!

I appreciate if someone here can show me the way that I can finally receive my money from them!
    Attached Files

Re: Freelancer.com wants to hold money forever because of their own fault!

I wish to inform you that you may first send a notice to freelancer.com and if they do not pay the amount then you may inform law enforcement agencies. Further freelancer.com is from Australia therefore you may also report matter to ACCC (Australian Competition and Consumer Commission).

AFF

Comment

Thank you very much for your suggestion, Actually I sent the notice to freelancer but they are not going to release my money!
      So I think I should report it to ACCC.

Comment

gio, so did you report about it? When I was facing almost the same financial problems and issues, I've asked a lot of agencies to help me with registration of licenses in Europe, but only these guys ( here: https://prifinance.com/en/estonia-licenses/ ) helped our firm to resgiter those licenses properly, in two business days.
        Last edited by jason2RB; 03-09-2020, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Gio, did you report the matter? Did the ACCC respond?

Comment

I have not yet reported this to ACCC, but I think I should do that. Do we have any lawyer here who can help me to sue these thieves ?!!

These are my conversations with them! Please read them carefully and see how illogical they are!

==================
            Lauren D. wrote:
            Hi Farhad,

Thank you for reaching us again.

By giving your confirmation and allowing the milestone payment to be refunded to your employer, we're considering this case as closed. In the event that you would find yourself asking for the milestone payment to be reversed back to your account, we will no longer be able to do that.

No worries, you can advise your employer to contact our Support Desk via email or respond to their ticket ID: RRDH-1817-PEDB or PKZL-9635-RNCY, and settle the issue on their account so we can assist them with a refund of their deposit to their payment source.

Your understanding on this matter is highly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Lauren D.

Freelancer.com Support

More self-service articles available at -

https://www.freelancer.com/support

---

Look as sharp as your work! Grab our cool Freelancer merchandise now:
            https://www.freelancer.com/merchandise/

e: [email protected]

w: http://www.freelancer.com

=================================
            Dear Sir/Madam,

It seems you are not aware, sleeping, or what?!!!!

If he wanted to answer you and send you the documents, he would do that in these 6 months!!!!

I requested to refund it after wasting my time and effort for more than 6 months!!!!! If I wanted to wait till he replies to you, why should I have requested to refund it at all!!!!

It is not acceptable at all!

Now you only have these 3 options; otherwise, I will publish all our conversations to social media and hire a lawyer!

Please select one of the options below and reply me asap and do not send me non-sense replies anymore!!!

1. Upgrading my membership to Plus membership for two years for free.

2. Unblock the money and give back my 190 dollars!

3. Refund money back to the client without any condition!

Just like when we accept our faults, you should also be responsible for your mistakes! It was clearly your fault that you did not check all these before, showing me that he released the milestone and before I send the final project to him! I should not pay your fault from my pocket!!!

Best regards,

Farhad

=============================
            Attached Files

Comment

Please read what these idiots replied to me!!!!!

They wrote:========================

Lauren D. wrote:
              Hi Farhad,

We do understand your predicament on this matter, Farhad. However, we would like to remind you that you cannot set the options here since we have our site policies that we follow. You may refer to Section 18. Limits & Fraud Prevention of our User Agreement for clarification: https://www.freelancer.com/about/terms

Since you have requested for the milestone payment to be refunded to the employer, they technically own the funds now. As much as we would like to have this processed for you, this concerns requests coming in from your employer. As such, we expect your employer to contact us directly from now on.

If you're still able to communicate with your employer, you may ask them to contact us directly at [email protected], or respond to their ticket ID: RRDH-1817-PEDB or PKZL-9635-RNCY. However, we can't share their account details nor requests to you in accordance to our Privacy Policy.

Your understanding on this matter is highly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Lauren D.

Freelancer.com Support

More self-service articles available at -

---

e: [email protected]

w: http://www.freelancer.com

My reply:==========================
              I requested to refund the money to his bank account and no more block it! It was blocked for more than 6 months! Why should I have asked to refund it at all while it is still supposed to be blocked!

FYI refund means to give back!!!! You don't have the right to keep it blocked until he replies!

I requested to refund not to keep it for yourself!!!

Stop playing this ridiculous and dirty game!

If you don't want to accept your fault and refund it back to the client's bank account, then release it and give my money!!!

I should not be the one who pays for your faults!

Comment

**********NEW UPDATE************

================They wrote:
                Karylle A. wrote:
                Hi Farhad,

Sorry to hear about the trouble here.

Please be advised that you cannot request a refund on behalf of your employer's account. Should they wish to have their funds refunded, please advise them to respond to either the ticket ID: RRDH-1817-PEDB and PKZL-9635-RNCY. Due to the security and privacy purposes, we are not allowed to disclose the state of their funds on your end. If you are still in contact with them, please let them contact us with any of the ticket ID's so we can further assist them with this.

Please also bear in mind that the resolution of this issue will depend on the cooperation of your employer.

We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this. If there is anything else, do not hesitate to contact us.

Cheers,

Karylle A.
                Freelancer.com Support Team

More self service articles available at -
                ---

e:[email protected]
                w:http://www.freelancer.com

================I replied:
                Dear Karylle,

I don't know why you don't understand this clear issue, or perhaps it is your game! If he wanted to cooperate with you, my money had not been blocked for more than 6 months!!!! The reason that I decided to refund was to stop this dirty game!

From when you showed that he released money to me, that money was for me not for him nor for you! You blocked my money illegally(please do not refer me to your very ridiculous site policy where you can update it at any time!!!).

It is not big money, but it clearly showed that you have no respect for your clients and you don't accept your faults! You really made me disappointed!

You even rudely made my account balance negative!

You took a fee from me on an unpaid project on which you violated my right!!

SET MY ACCOUNT BALANCE TO 0!

I will not waste my time on this anymore! People will see our posts and can judge(I will share them on SMs)!

Learn to treat the customer with dignity and respect!

Farhad

Comment

This happened 2 times for me. one was 140 dollars and the other one was 250 dollars :|. Same as what happened for you They told me to ask employer. But he blocked me. And mine was his second project. It means they didn't suspend his account after his fist project :|

Comment

Sue them in small claims if need be!!! it'll teach them a lesson

Comment

freelancer blocked my money without any logical reason and also deducted its commission fees. I pay this fees to the site to assure that everything is OK. But just when you want to withdraw money they lock it because employer's account has some problems. I don't know why they didn't clarify this problem before withdrawal and even before accepting project.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X