Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iphone sales fraud on Facebook marketplace

A person was selling iPhones on Facebook in the marketplace which I’ve used marketplace before and brought things and never had any issues. She was selling an iPhone X and two iPhone 8 Plus.

I purchased a iphone x for $300 and in addition, purchased another iPhone 8 Plus for $150 and $30 for shipping on Thursday April 25, 2019. I sent the money to the persons brother using cash app ( it’s a app to transfer money ) because I don’t have Apple Pay but she stated I can send the money to her brother because he’s right next to her. The person stated the phone was shipped Thursday evening by UPS and I should receive the package Saturday, April 27 -- However there was no package.

I’ve contacted the seller numerous times asking for a tracking number and she hasn’t provided me with one. Since then I’ve been asking each day about the package and she would reply to me and say she’s going to send me the tracking information but she never did. On Tuesday April 30th, she responded back and stated if I don’t receive the package by Friday May 3rd she she’ll refund me my money.

May 4th came and I stated to her no package so at this time I would like a refund. She hasn’t provided with a refund And today is now May 11th. I have all my documentation from our communication and where she stated she will refund me and hasn’t. I live in Delaware and she lives in Florida. I have her first and last name, her DOB and where she resides from her Facebook

What should I do?

Re: Iphone sales fraud on Facebook marketplace

I wish to inform you that you may take legal action against seller. As you have made payment towards your purchase while actual products have not been delivered therefore you may file a complaint with IC3. For online frauds and violation of law you may file a complaint online with IC3 who may then investigate the matter and take action against the accused.

AFF

Comment

Originally posted by Kan 22 View Post
      A person was selling iPhones on Facebook in the marketplace which I’ve used marketplace before and brought things and never had any issues. She was selling an iPhone X and two iPhone 8 Plus.

I purchased a iphone x for $300 and in addition, purchased another iPhone 8 Plus for $150 and $30 for shipping on Thursday April 25, 2019. I sent the money to the persons brother using cash app ( it’s a app to transfer money ) because I don’t have Apple Pay but she stated I can send the money to her brother because he’s right next to her. The person stated the phone was shipped Thursday evening by UPS and I should receive the package Saturday, April 27 -- However there was no package.

I’ve contacted the seller numerous times asking for a tracking number and she hasn’t provided me with one. Since then I’ve been asking each day about the package and she would reply to me and say she’s going to send me the tracking information but she never did. On Tuesday April 30th, she responded back and stated if I don’t receive the package by Friday May 3rd she she’ll refund me my money.

May 4th came and I stated to her no package so at this time I would like a refund. She hasn’t provided with a refund And today is now May 11th. I have all my documentation from our communication and where she stated she will refund me and hasn’t. I live in Delaware and she lives in Florida. I have her first and last name, her DOB and where she resides from her Facebook

What should I do?
      You can't do anything but be smart the next time. You should know that iPhones are not priced at $300, so regardless whether you bought before from facebook marketplace, the prices are shady enough for a smart buyer. There are a lot of scammers in facebook offering bargain basement prices and people should be discerning enough to know the difference.

Comment

Hmm I also just learned this lesson that hard way. But I did file a police report.

Dan H

Comment

What cool applications do you know for iPhone, or MacBook, I really liked their ecosystem and how the devices are connected with each other, but it seems to me that it can be done even cooler, what applications would you recommend for this?

Comment

I work in an office and often do presentations or videoconferences where I explain new information. I have a MacBook from Apple, and I really like it. I recently found a very cool and innovative app, Vidrio. It allows you to do a screen sharing in a conference and at the same time combine my face in one picture with a translucent background, it looks cool and modern, it can be used with different communication programs.

Comment

Don't all those kinds of apps do that?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X