• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is an Email legally binding?

In the UK?
    In Namibia?
    In Germany?

I was offered a place on an ecological research programme in Namibia by email. The offer was for month 1 at a stated price with month 2 at no cost. I accepted on these terms and paid. Since paying (and less than a week before my departure) they have reneged the offer of the second month but with (as of yet) no offer of renegotiation, refund or alternative offering.

Where do I stand legally? Are they obliged to offer me a full refund because they reneged this agreement? Are they legally obliged to compensate me for additional costs imposed upon me, caused by their inability to honour this agreement?

I have made a significant financial commitment (in fees, flights, equipment and through quitting my job). Moving forward a return flight would come at an unaccounted-for cost to me. Staying in Namibia would come at an unaccounted-for cost to me.

I am due to depart this Saturday 2nd Feb (they told me of the cancellation on the 27th Jan) I would be most grateful for any advice. I need to know my legal standing before I challenge them.

I want to come to an amicable solution but I need to know how best to approach this.

If I do have a case and it does come to threatening legal action are there small claims courts that are free or affordable? If there is no way for me to finance this than it is not an option.

Please help. It would be so appreciated

Re: Is an Email legally binding?

Apologies - I don't know legal thread etiquette (yet); is it good/ bad to post this in multiple relevant threads?

Comment

Please keep it to one thread. It's far less confusing.

Comment

Can anyone offer their lregal opinion on this?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X