USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I send an email to an address found on the Web?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I send an email to an address found on the Web?

I voluntarily co-run a charity tuition school. One parent hasn't paid fees for 4 months, despite numerous phonecalls. I Google searched her and found a work email address to which I sent an official letter, which I also hand delivered. She has responded by saying it's against data protection laws to use her work email address. I’m not sure this is correct, as I found it in the "public domain", and technically we are “debt collecting”. I can't find any relevant references in the Act. We are meeting with her on Saturday morning (3rd March 2007), and I would like to know where I stand. Many thanks for any assistance you can provide.
    Kind regards, Bhav

Re: Can I send an email to an address found on the Web?

You can send it yes--but if she asks to stop it is best to do so as the rules get technical at some point...you are not a debt collector however just because you want to collect on this one debt. WLD could also collect for you if need be.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X