Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Posting pictures on MySpace - Am I breaking the law?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting pictures on MySpace - Am I breaking the law?

Am I breaking the law when I post pictures of my friends that I took with their consent and put them onto my myspace and cherrytap? I have a EX friend that is demanding I take ALL my photos down with them in them. They are using MY photos I took of them that they want on their pages. Those would belong to me too.

re: Posting pictures on MySpace - Am I breaking the law?

...it is not illegal to post if they granted consent to the photo at the time.

Comment

what about sexually explicit pics?

Comment

I have a very similar issue that I need help with. An old friend of mine has posted pics of my house, address, full name, and girlfriends name, as well as several false accusations slandering my character on his myspace. Checked the TOS agreements and he is in violation of the TOS. Contacted myspace but they aren't doing anything about it. Found that the photos were oinked to Photobucket, and that they also violated photo buckets TOS. So photo bucket shut him down there, but myspace is still not doing anything. Contacted local authorities who told me to contact myspace. I am getting very agravated with this situation. If I could afford a lawyer I feel as if I would have a very good case. I've kept all the screen shots of the TOS, and the profile.

Comment

if you took the pictures then you own the copy right to those items. If someone else copies them and uses them you can go for copy right protection and complain about it. Read copy right protections act. go to your local library it has all that info. If you posted someone elses pic like i had done to me on my space and maliciously took over my identity and my space cant tell the difference which persona is mine, (duhhh). They will cooperate with authorities to turn over information and pictures to a law enforcement office. If your friends dont like you posting pictures of them and are complaining then complain when they post pictures of you with them on their sites. Actually you should never post any pictures of yourself on the net, i found that out the hard way. Every thing always comes back to bite you in the end so stay clear of posting pictures just put them in your home album on the shelf in your room and not on the net. Word to the wise, lavisa

Comment

I have been posting for the last 4 years, pictures of my old Army Brothers all over, because I have been searching for them, via Military, Social, People search, sites. Even started to use Craigslist to post 'Looking For".
            The pics are over 30 years old, if that makes any difference.
            Would this be illegal???

Comment

Does facebook allows the nude pics also?

Comment

Originally posted by homeloans View Post
                Does facebook allows the nude pics also?
                The short answer is NO. It's a liability. If the person didn't want to be on there or is underage, they could be held responsible for promoting or enabling it. Facebook doesn't allow it and the person who posts it would be risking their account to do so.
                I'm not a lawyer. The information I gave is based on certain research. Please review the information yourself to make an informed decision. Also, the information I posted may no longer be accurate.

Comment

It is not illegal. Those photos are not for sale and it not for the sake of art that could claim that it is someone's masterpiece.
                  Carpo Law
                  Law Firm Assisting Foreign Companies in the Philippines

Comment

Re: Posting pictures on MySpace - Am I breaking the law?

If a picture is captured, the person whom owns the camera in question technically owns the picture and the rights that they have, depending on what's in the picture--however, the owner cannot use the picture in certain situations, such as posting it on MySpace or Facebook and such. But, if they were to post it, they would have to have permission from the people who were in it and anyone who might be involved in certain ways. If they do not ask and receive a request of its removal, the owner must take it down by law, or remove or blur the requesters face or personal info.

Comment

Re: Posting pictures on MySpace - Am I breaking the law?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                      I have been posting for the last 4 years, pictures of my old Army Brothers all over, because I have been searching for them, via Military, Social, People search, sites. Even started to use Craigslist to post 'Looking For".
                      The pics are over 30 years old, if that makes any difference.
                      Would this be illegal???
                      Yes, if you never told them, but they would have to ask you if you were to take them down, so for now it's okay.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                      x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X