USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

accessing someone's email (hotmail, yahoo, gmail)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• accessing someone's email (hotmail, yahoo, gmail)

Is it illegal to access someone's email (hotmail) if they left the password saved on your computer?

re: accessing someone's email (hotmail, yahoo, gmail)

It is yes...

Comment

Accessing/Breaking into a company's PC or faking someone else's email

I had someone who sent a fake e-mail out to make it look like I sent it out from my regular e-mail account to another e-mail account of mine. CC'd to an owner of a company I made an investment with. This person is out to dis-credit me & the company. He also has hacked into that company's computers. Now he is calling that company's clients slandering the owner.

My question is if this is crimminal or civil matter? & Lastly, if this person is located in another country... can anything legally be done to bring this person to justice?

Thanks in advance for any input...

Comment

That is criminal and violates a number of laws.

Even those out of the country can be held accountable so it worth pursuing. Email the wld lawyers if you need legal action

Comment

How would you go about proving this person did it? Would the person's IP address be sufficient? If not, what would. I have a similar problem and posted in this forum.

Someone is hacking into my personal email account. I believe it is a former business partner, who is still a stakeholder in the company through a royalty on the company he still retains.

I have changed my password. Though, I expect that this person will try to crack my code again.

I need to know what would constitute evidence of this person illegally accessing my account. I was thinking about writing the person's IP address. If I had an IP address that pointed to his house, would that be sufficient? If not, what would I need to prosecute?

I can't let this person continue to do this to my accounts.

Comment

www.legaljunkies.com/forumshowthread.php?t=7840

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X