Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• internet diet pill scam - help!

I replied to an email offering a $5 week trial of a diet pill from usaveonpills. Then I received and additional package containing more drugs and they charged my credit card $150. They have said that I am bound by having accepted the free trial and should have looked into the agreement before accepting the $5 offer. Is there any legal recourse?

I tried repeatedly to talk to someone and have only received this response from their "web customer service" :
    Bryan has responded to your ticket which was numbered 5052

The time of the response was: December 15, 2006 04:32 PM
    Their response was:
    Phentrazine Trial

By clicking on the submit button from our website you agreed to our terms and
    conditions. (Below Submit button on site you ordered from it states. "By
    clicking on submit button above you are agreeing to our terms and conditions".
    For our protection and yours we record your ip address which validates that you
    are the recipient and validates the agreement. When clicking on submit button is
    like signing a binding contract between PE LABS and Card Holder. You hold sole
    responsibility to read terms and conditions before ordering the Free Trial.
    Please visit our online forum if you have any other questions or would like to
    open a support ticket."

Could I return the items, registered and insured? I've already contested the charge to my credit card....

I can't believe I fell for this scam!! I

Thanks,
    Jenn

Re: internet diet pill scam - help!

Based on what you say here, you could file suit against them in small claims court; filing in small claims court is easier and requires no attorney-- You should also report them to your state attorney general's office.

Comment

I'm sorry to say I have fell for the same scam. I have tried to do a support ticket and to no avail have gotten a response. I recently received an email from support and it stated a response was ready and gave me my ticket response number 45675. I have not been able to to receive the response. I have tried calling the customer support number and all you get is a recording. I to started out with a 4.95 freee trial, just pay the 4.95 shipping an handling. When you click accept it does not go into you being charged a $150.00 to your visa or master card. I have put in a request to my bank for the unauthorized amount of $150.00. Had I known there would be hidden charges I would have never to the bait for the FREE samples. I hope I can retrieve my $150.00 back. Can anyone please help!!!!!!!!

Comment

i need a address sent to me to return my pills i ordered. there was nothing
        with the pills that i order with a return adderess. please e mail me with the adreess [email protected]

Comment

Just for the record, this scam is still alive and well in 2015. A company called the Dark Matter Group offered a "free trial" of diet pills in return for a small "postage charge" on a website. The charge on my credit card statement, which arrived Sept 15 was $260. In a call to the company I was informed that a cancellation of the order had to be made within 14 days of purchase so no refund would be provided. I was informed that this information was provided under the heading of "Terms and conditions" in its website. This is in fact true however there is no mention of the need to read these terms before ordering and the link to them is in very small print headed "Terms" at the end of a very long website. In the "order confirmation" email that is sent after ordering, there is also no mention of the full cost of the "free trial" or the 14 day time limit for cancellation. If one's credit card statement does not arrive until after the 14 days (as in my case) one does not find out the extent of the scam until too late.

Comment

You are expected to know to read terms and conditions. Most of those free offers include an automatic subscription. Waiting until it appears on your bill is too late, once it's billed the time has passed.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X