USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selling currency of internet game - legal?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling currency of internet game - legal?

There is an internet game website, which uses a currency to purchase various things on the website. The user earns this currency themselves, and can use it for their personal use etc. It is managed by the user of the account the currency is situated on.

I was wondering if it is legal to sell this currency to other users, through a third party such as eBay.

Considering the item is intangible, and there are no direct copyrights surrounding it, i beliebe the item is "owned" by the user. . However I lack an understanding of Intelectual Property Rights etc. I don't know if I have the right to sell it for my gain.

All help appreciated!

Re: Selling currency of internet game - legal?

Unless the game rules prohibit such sales, you are allowed to do so.

Comment

Re: Selling currency of internet game - legal?

Thanks - the game does not directly prohibit this - they do not state it in plain english. This is why I was looking for other ways they would be protected from others selling it.

Do they uhh.. "own" the right to the currency? Still looking for details, thanks.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X