Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UCLA data breach

I am one of these people whose info was stolen? Can I sue UCLA or demand compensation, at least to have my credit monitored?

800,000 Affected by Data Breach, U.C.L.A. Says

The University of California, Los Angeles, said yesterday that hackers had gained access to a restricted university database, exposing the private information of 800,000 current and former faculty, staff and students.

U.C.L.A. said there was no evidence that any of the data had been misused, but it has contacted the Federal Bureau of Investigation, which is conducting an inquiry.

The university is the latest among a growing list of companies, colleges and government agencies to reveal that its computer security had been breached. The U.C.L.A. breach appears to be the largest such case among universities. The City University of New York, Ohio University, the University of Southern California and Tufts University have all suffered computer break-ins that exposed personal information.

Re: UCLA data breach

Normally you can demand all costs for credit monitoring; the Federal Trade Commission will help if you have any problem...and/or email WLD.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X