Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web Hosters. "claiming ownership of data"

Can I get a legal opinion on the followings please...

We had a website hosted by Lumicorps and about a week ago they decided that something on our website violated their "TOS Agreement" so they suspended our account. Which I would have no problems with if they could back it up with proof.

I've continuously asked for proof or a copy of the TOS agreement to go over but they refuse any sort of request.

***: then go bother your mommy or something
    ***: see ya

are the exact words I get.

If they want to suspend my account that's fine, there goes their business from me. But, is it legal for them to claim "ownership" of the data on their servers? The templates and scripts used in them are all copyrighted.

They refuse to even talk to us. I've been told by a friend that my only option at this point would be to go for legal actions.

Please give me your opinion/help on this issue.

Thank You.

Re: Web Hosters. "claiming ownership of data"

No. Sue them in small claims or regular court and you will prevail. Even the threat may make them compromise /

WLD lawyers could intervene if necessary.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X