USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got caught up in an Internet scam (cashier check scam)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got caught up in an Internet scam (cashier check scam)

I got caught up in an internet scam. I was searching for employment through carreerbuilder about 2 months ago. I recieved a notice from an employer that they were considering me for a job. They sent me a Pre-liminary employment contract in which I signed. It stated that I would get paid for 3 weeks of training to do a travel agent work at home job. The name of the Company was Old africa Tours. They instructed me that I was to recieve a check in excess to my training pay and that I would need to western union the extra money back to the company. I have never been involved in anything like this so I did what the company asked me to do to secure my new job. Well I did recieve a check and my husband deposited it to my account that we have. It was posted and made available with in minutes of him deposting the check. The verdict is i did wat i was supposed to do i took my training pay which was 1200.00 and western unioned the rest of the money to the company. The other day I was 4900 in the negative with my bank stateing they recieved the check back as a forged check. I was starting to question why i hadnt recieved my work materials and why the website just vanished. But I did not have a working computer for short time so I did not know what was going on. Now my issue is the bank is holding me responsible for the amount of the check. weare struggleing everday to make ends meet and I dont no how to handle any new debt... I kept all of my records with this company that scammed me. My bank is being nice to me and has put the negative amount in a personal loan for me but I feel as though I should not owe all of that money. Can you please advise me what I can do with this mess?

Click "Contact Us" at the bottom of this page and the WLD attorneys will review your details and help prepare a defense for you.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X