USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible scam (too good to be true price)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible scam (too good to be true price)

I recently was talking to someone about something he had for sale for a "too good to be true" price. He said the way it would work is he would ship the package, I would pay an escrow company, then when the shipment arrived, I would inspect the package. If everything was okay, I would tell the escrow company to release the payment. Otherwise I would say its a no go and get the money back and refuse the shipment. I have talked to a bunch of people online and they said stuff like its too late to do anything and if it does come, they can sue me if I won't accept the shipment, and stuff like that. Any ideas on if they would be able to get money from me if I didn't pay. Someone else said that I don't have to have signed a contract (as I did not) but that he could make a contract and put my "electronic signature" on it. Please Help!

It is often a common scam and the escrow company and/or seller are not legitimate--be very cautious. We could investigate in detail if necessary.

Comment

Thank you for your reply. At this point, I have not given any money or any information regarding money. I have just given my address. But I was just worried if I would be liable for anything if I denied the shipment. I will keep you updated.

Comment

You would have to return it but then you normally would not have further liability unless the return was without any reason.

Comment

re: Possible scam (too good to be true price)

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          I recently was talking to someone about something he had for sale for a "too good to be true" price. He said the way it would work is he would ship the package, I would pay an escrow company, then when the shipment arrived, I would inspect the package. If everything was okay, I would tell the escrow company to release the payment. Otherwise I would say its a no go and get the money back and refuse the shipment. I have talked to a bunch of people online and they said stuff like its too late to do anything and if it does come, they can sue me if I won't accept the shipment, and stuff like that. Any ideas on if they would be able to get money from me if I didn't pay. Someone else said that I don't have to have signed a contract (as I did not) but that he could make a contract and put my "electronic signature" on it. Please Help!
          I've refused deliveries at my front door with no repercussions.

Comment

another group involved i just found out.... DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH DESOCO FINANCIAL GROUP, desoco financial, WIZE FINANCIAL , wize financial , robert kolaczynski , clayton hicks , and it get better,,, there are NFL players to... Anthony Dorsett Jr. and Anthony Dorsett Sr. , Pete Gonzalez , blitz energy partners , [email protected]; clayresu ; anthonydorsettjr
            ARE SCAM ARTISTS, CROOKS , YOU WILL GET TAKEN !

Comment

Even if you get a refund you might be subject to a portion of your non refundable good faith money/earnest money. I would question what escrow company is used if you have not done bussiness with/them prior to this buy of a lifetime.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X